Stumbled on this in Google+ from Benjamin Wilkoff about the consensus process being used at Occupy Wall Street.
This has potential for so many questions and discussion topics with students.
- What is actual democracy?
- Is the current government of the United States a democracy?
- Whose voice is most important in an democracy?
- For PBL it is a great example of how student groups should function.
- What are the weaknesses of this form of government?
- Does this scale to a national level and what would that look like?
- How can we make sure more opinions are heard and given a true seat at the table before decisions are made?
- How can we implement the consensus model in schools?
- How could the consensus model be used in your classroom?
- How could the consensus model be used with students in curriculum planning and design?